Another way you may be able to increase your purchasing power is to buy group coverage through a trade or professional organization. Contact your trade association or professional organization to see if it participates in any group purchasing plans.
One thing to keep in mind about purchasing through an association is that you’ll likely need to approach them yourself. If you’re using a broker, he or she may not be familiar with the associations in your industry. Because each association is likely to have an established relationship with a broker or benefits consultant, your own broker may not have an incentive to seek these arrangements out for you.
- Budgeting and Cash Flow
- Employee Census
- Evaluating Health Coverage
- Evaluating Insurers and Health Plans
- Plan Contract and Implementation
- Plan Value: Balancing Benefits and Costs
- Preparing to Purchase Group Coverage
- Purchasing Alliances
- Purchasing Strategies
- Purchasing Without a Broker
- Trade Associations
- Health Insurance Exchanges
- Which Payroll Records Do I Need?