You are here: Home » States » California » Covered California » Covered California FAQ » What does Covered California provide?
- Simplified choices, and more of them: Covered California will provide side-by-side comparisons of health plans, their benefits, premiums and quality.
- Expanded employee options: Covered California will enable you to offer your employees a choice of Qualified Health Plans from several insurance companies, similar to those offered by large employers.
- A one-stop-shop: You will be able to choose your own level of contribution toward your employees’ coverage and make a single monthly payment through Covered California rather than to multiple plans.
- More affordable insurance: Covered California can save your business money by spreading insurers’ administrative costs across more employers.
- Tax credits: If your business has fewer than 25 employees, you may be eligible for a tax credit of up to 50% of your premium costs when you offer health coverage for your employees through Covered California. To find out whether you’re eligible, use this Tax Credit Calculator.